April 6, 2015
Master and Associate Master’s Report
· Mellon Forum this week; otherwise quiet on Master’s front.
· Dean Muller won’t be at SCC meetings for the rest of the semester, due to her busy schedule.
SAC (Saybrook Activities Committee)
· Stay tuned for a study break this week!
· Mark your calendars for Saturday, April 18th – Say and Sele Day.
o Saybrook Pocket Tees will be sold, probably for $5.
o Sky blue.
· Josh Clapper and Layla have been in charged – need help assembling care packages.
· This weekend is the Spring Day of Service – Layla will be at a table signing people up tomorrow.
· Aryssa has a ton of opportunities people can get involved in.
o Sunday the 12th: 11th Annual AIDS walk on the Green, 5k walk. First 50 Yale students get free registration and a tee-shirt. Looking for volunteers; if interested, shoot Aryssa an email.
o Next Friday, project Homeless Connect on the 17th.
· Nick W is the IM player of the week.
· Planning an Earth Day outside event (Wednesday, April 22). Spend day outside, play games, drink lemonade, Frisbee. If you have any suggestions, let the committee know.
· Reached out to Jeffrey, away for a couple of days.
· Any suggestions?
o Aryssa: discussion with a worker about the need for cranberry juice.
o Leon: on behalf of Jordan Liebman, proposes a pasta bar.
o Alex: omelette bar.
o Magda: Friday tortillas with extra food?
o Contact Mallet with any questions.
Saybrook Historical Society Committee
· Summer of 1953, $273 worth of theft in Saybrook. Today would be worth $2473. (Is this correct – asking an econ major to do the math).
· Did you know, that SCC membership is only allowed for undergraduates? The Master, Associate Master, and Dean cannot vote in elections.
· Rising senior housing draw finished up today.
· Rising junior round one will be on Friday.
· Also on next Monday the 13th and the Tuesday after.
· Mental health update after a YCC meeting – check it out.
· Debate took place today.
· Who was the winner of the debate? We will see when Rumpus comes out with its election coverage.
· Last item of the year: why can’t we have chicken tenders every week? AMVD thinks that they might lose their appeal.
o An informal vote seemed to show that Saybrook is divided on whether they prefer chicken tenders every week or every other week.
· YCC is investigating the curse, but couldn’t meet this week because of Easter.
$220 left in the rolling fund. People – propose something!
The glider will be repaired soon, it seems!
Grace: CCE updates
· Everyone got a survey about campus sexual climate. Administration can’t fix problems if they don’t know what’s going on.
· Surveys are annoying, but just do it!
· Takes 10-15 minutes top!
· 27 other colleges doing it at the same time and more to come.
· Aaron: added bonus, they have randomly selected thousands of students for a $5 Amazon gift card.
o Certain number also gets entered in a lottery for a $500 Amazon gift card.
· Other piece of business: Take Back The Night coming up on April 17th – event many colleges have to take about sexual climate.
o Empowerment in general, and making a positive sexual climate.
o Colleges can co-sponsor the event – SCC advertising?
· Danielle: Underbrook Coffee House this coming weekend, will be the last one, dedicated to Master Hudak.
o If anyone is interested in performing, contact Nikita Dutta or Katie Crandall.
o Will be on Saturday the 11th at 8.