February 23, 2015
Master and Associate Master’s Report
· Updates from AMVD, who could not be present.
o Ski trip was a success (mostly).
o Final Cut cooking competition is happening on Tuesday at Commons.
§ A special team of Saybrugians will be doing very well, we forecast.
o There’s a Mellon Forum on Wednesday
o Fellows Meeting on Thursday
o Dining hall opens for breakfast tomorrow!
· Continue to use Saybrook College website for housing!
o Basic calendar and rules of the game on the website.
o Google Docs for group formations will be up shortly on the website.
SAC (Saybrook Activities Committee)
· Bar Pizza study break was a huge success – very civil.
· Will have a study break coming up before Spring Break.
· Viva’s night planning is in the works.
· Brainstorming ideas for
· Now there is a sign that says out of order.
· Slowly approaching the end of the winter season – did well in some sports, not in others.
· Hockey is happening this week.
· We were 7th as of last week.
· TD is first by far.
· Start thinking about Spring sports – free your schedule, and if you’re interested in captaining any of the sports, let Magda Zielonka know!
· Reports will be out tonight – about how much waste was produced.
· People have been a lot more conscious about the food they eat, it seems – an impact has been made!
· Handing off the torch to Mallet, who will be the new head of the committee!
· Send any inquiries or concerns to Mallet form now on.
· He is here to serve us.
· Yogurt is once again being served after breakfast?!
· Nothing to report.
· Live tweeting every meeting.
· Ihna and Aaron are running the official FB page – if you have any pictures to put up on the page, send them to Ihna or Aaron! (Cover photo status could be achieved.)
Saybrook Historical Society Committee
· First Basil Duke Henning Professor of Saybrook History will be Daniel Fischer (also known as the University Pursuivant).
· The official passing down of the torch will occur next week.
· The first meeting of the committee will occur on Sunday provisionally.
· Bylaws committee resolves veto power on any resolution passed by the Saybrook College Council in order to make sure that the fundamental structure of the SCC constitution is not compromised.
· Tonight, annual housing information sessions for each class were held.
· If questions not answered, e-mail Aaron Berman or anyone else on the housing committee (list of members will be posted on the SY website).
· Start those conversations about housing! So you don’t have to have awkward conversations 2 days before the draw.
· Exciting meeting on Sunday – Dean Halloway will be joining for the first time.
College Seminar Committee
· Interviews happening – please sign up for the interviews this week!
· Ideas for a potential service project
o Brainstorming ideas for a partnership with Dwight Hall.
o Everyone: keep this on your mind!
o Volunteering at a soup kitchen?
o Homeless Connect in April.
o Do something in the Master’s House, baking something for the homeless.
o Through YHAAP, a bunch of organizations that do the Bread Run.
· If freshmen are interested in participating in the new sustainability initiative, please let Cissy know! (A pilot orientation program).
· Moved $19.33 for endowed Basil Duke Henning professorship back into the rolling fund.