February 9, 2015
Master and Associate Master’s Report
· E-maill from AMVID. Master Hudak had a big breakthrough and is expected back next week.
· Housing will be done in increments.
· Housing calendar is now posted on Saybrook website’s calendar.
· By Feb 23, we’ll have 3 separate meetings by class to discuss housing.
SAC (Saybrook Activities Committee)
· Bar Pizza study break next Wednesday
· At least two study breaks before spring break
· Viva’s will happen right after spring break on a Wednesday (for the seniors!)
· Meeting sometime next week to plan ideas for this semester.
· Dwight Hall is requesting a representative in Saybrook.
· Big things to come.
· Searching for a replacement for committee head, who will serve as a liaison between Saybrook students and Marybeth (not a big commitment).
· Swimming on Thursday: swimmers and floaters eligible.
· Encourage your friends, suitemates, anyone to come to IMs!
· And Aadi’s favorite IM is bowling! (Think of childhood bowling birthday parties.)
· Successful Meatless Monday, with many new participants.
· For the first times, the committee met during Meatless Monday at a table in the back of the dining hall.
· Sustainability Star of the Week is none other than Dean Muller!!!
· Looking to run a freshman orientation program about sustainability, which will be piloted in Saybrook! Thanks to Dean Muller, frocos, and sustainability staff!
· Searching for someone to take a leadership position in the dining committee, which will include communication with the dining hall manager.
· Jordan proposed a pasta bar, mmmm.
· After a successful semester, the media committee torch is passed to Kellen. A hero is born.
· Follow Saybrook on twitter at @SaybrookCC.
Saybrook Historical Society Committee
· IM fact from1953: Friday, October 30th Saybrook was in dead last with 31 points.
· Whenever a committee does not have a chair, the president becomes the interim chair automatically.
· Like Dean Muller said, let her know if you’re interested in participating this semester! The Housing process will begin soon.
· Great meeting led by Michael Herbert, completed in recorded time!
· Read this week’s YCC newsletter: a lot of information about mental health issues and financial aid reform.
· Two potential projects: fixing labels in the dining hall and a Bluebook-like application for majors, so that people could search up different majors and interact with those already in the major.
· Standing desk project is now being piloted at Bass: reduces risk of cardiovascular disease and premature death! That’s right…studying can kill.
· (To this, Sarah suggests exercise ball desks.)
College Seminar Committee
· Interviews for college seminars begin next week.
· Sign up, interview cool professionals – and remember, there will be a Saybrook sponsored brunch for committee members.
$220 in the fund, no new proposals – so send those proposals in!
· Left treadmill in the gym needs to be replaced!
o Changes speed every 2 seconds, safety hazard, etc.
· Blender in dining hall: Ihna and Sarah will talk to Jeff.
o (Concern with allergens.)
· Pull-up bar.
· Alex brought up the fifth floor of entryway E: vent in the bathroom that blows cold air continuously out of the vent.
· Important SCC update – we are looking for new leadership: SHSC, Dining Hall, Facilities, college seminar committee, long-lost brew club, and clothing committee. If anyone has interest in any of this, please talk to Aadi. We want new involvement, especially freshmen! While it’s not a big time commitment, a lot can be done!