March 23th, 2015
Master and Associate Master’s Report
· Wine tasting part 2 for seniors and juniors (of age 21+) tomorrow night in the master’s house.
· Mellon Forum on Wedensday.
· We received a message about the dining hall floor from Master Hudak.
o The situation with the floor was remedied!
o The floor is made of concrete now, and a new floor will be installed over the summer.
o Conversations with Master Near about remodeling the dining hall.
· Dean Muller could not make it to the meeting, but make sure to read her e-mail!
SAC (Saybrook Activities Committee)
· Viva’s Night on Wednesday, 9:30 p.m. Bring Yale IDs! Bring friends!
· If anyone has suggestions, contact Ihna and Magda.
· (POPEYES interruption.)
· Soup kitchen visit would have to be on a Sunday, because it’s closed on Friday and Saturday.
· Letters to thank servicemen.
· Ihna and Adam and Aadi and Magda are meeting with Ann Marie and Mary Beth regarding sustainability on Friday morning at 10 a.m.
o Will talk to them after the meeting about the treadmill.
· A-Hoops is playing now in semifinals.
· B-Hoops tomorrow!
· Spring sports are predicted to start next week? (Information will follow.)
o Sports include soccer, volleyball, dodge ball, softball, golf, spike ball.
· Earth Hour is coming out on Saturday night; planning a chill night in the 12-pack.
· 8:30 to 9:30…will be food, hoping to invite musicians or poets.
o A place to go after you unplug your electronics and lights.
· Avery Thompson is Sustainability Star of the Week!
o She was in Guatemala this spring break and worked with coffee bean farmers and did a lot of sustainable agricultural work. She is WWOOFING this summer in Alaska.
· Meeting with Jeff this week, will suggest challah bread.
· Jordan enquires about the pasta bar.
Saybrook Historical Society Committee
· Saybrook Courtyard had a huge elm tree until 1977.
· The Killingworth Courtyard had an elm tree until 1985; brought down in a storm.
· If you’re late to a meeting, it is at the sole discretion of the secretary to award membership points.
· E-mail from Dean Muller was sent out this morning. Follow instructions!
· Rising sophomores this week, rising juniors the week after, and rising seniors the week after that.
· If you’re interested in running for a position as Saybrook representative or to be on the e-Board, there will be a meeting Wednesday evening.
· If you have any questions, feel free to ask Magda, Chadd, or Michael Herbert.
· Christina Zhang is moving forward with her art project for the Saybrook basement. E-mail her at chi DOT zhang AT gmail DOT com if you’re interested in getting involved or submitting artwork. (Aadi sent out an e-mail about this last week-end).
· $220 in the rolling fund.