March 2nd, 2015
Master and Associate Master’s Report
· Course drop deadline is this Friday!
SAC (Saybrook Activities Committee)
· Great Insomnia Cookies study break.
· Viva’s Night will be on a Wednesday.
· Layla is investigating having Saybrook go work in a soup kitchen.
· Exciting update: Aadi will speak to Master Near about facilities needs. He is looking for a working list of needs before Spring Break.
· E-mail about playoffs was set.
· A Hoops, B Hoops, C Hoops, and Hockey.
· Master Hudak described the floundering state of IMs…we have some work to do! Troops, rally!
· Food waste report was published.
· Saybrook so far has the least amount of waste.
· Watch out for an Earth Hour and St. Patrick’s Day event after the break.
· Sustainability Service Corps is trying to get spring salvage done earlier – if you have clothes or materials you don’t want anymore, bring them to YHAAP. Watch out for an e-mail from Ihna! (This is too have less things to move around at the end of the year). Put your heaters at the lowest settings, too! At 1 or 2.
· We will have concrete floors after the Spring Break in the dining hall. Only after this semester will the wood paneling be replaced.
· Potential idea: drawing murals on the floors.
· Posters that were damaged during the flood are being restored.
· Follow the Media Committee @SaybrookCC..
Saybrook Historical Society Committee
· In honor of future master Near, did you know that the word fish appears exactly zero times in the Saybrook Constitution.
· (Some wish to change this.)
· Check the Housing page on the Saybrook website!
· Is the Google Doc on the housing website online?
· Solid meeting: Dean Holloway was present (for the first time!)
College Seminar Committee
· Next year’s seminar: Myth, Magic, Miracle: Reading & Writing the Unreal, taught by Courtney Sender, a Yale graduate.
· Barely ate any of the chicken
Brainstorming things Aadi can talk to future Saybrook Master Near about.
· Laundry machines not breaking regularly.
· Treadmill and the general state of the gym.
· Study Rooms upstairs being somewhat sound proof.
· Game room.
· Replacement for the loveseat in the common room because of loose springs.
· Fix the Saybrook glider! (the cornerstone of Saybrook social life when it’s warm outside)
· Artwork in the hallways of the basement! At least some pictures to put up on the walls of the basement.
· New pool cues in the basement. And ping pong paddles.
· Better insulation of the windows, especially in common rooms.
o B11, sewage smell, for instance.
· Drafts in the dining hall.
· Every 40 minutes, the TV in the TV room goes to static.
o Has happened in Game Room, TV room, entryway B.
o TV room: total of 3 batteries for 6 remotes.
o Not clear what anything does (system itself).
· Rubik’s Cube painting – missing square.
· Storage during the summers – we’ve been going down in the number of boxes available.
· Ventilation in the Squiche so that we don’t all have to share the (mmm, mozz sticks) smell.
If you think of anything, please e-mail Aadi (try to do this before Friday!)