November 10th, 2014
Master and Associate Master’s Report
· Nothing to report.
· Nothing to report. (Disappointed.)
SAC (Saybrook Activities Committee)
· Barn Dance this Friday 11/14 in the dining hall with the famous RBB as our line caller!
· Saturday we will be having a tailgate with Trumbull on 11/15 for Princeton-Yale.
· The Ronald McDonald project had lots of participation. The dinner was great and the recipients enjoyed it!
· There is a new mat in the gym!
· The tredmill and washing machines are ongoing issues.
· One game this week—which we forfeited.
· There is a potential IM star dinner coming up, along with Hudak points!
· Sustainability is recording a super secret surprise music video, so keep your eyes open!
· Saybrook Lightbulb exchange has been moved to NEXT Thursday, 11/20.
· Look out for a water bottle washing exchange in the dining hall.
· Sustainability Star of the Week: Still Patrick Casey, for being a sustainable curmudgeon.
· Another successful meatless/burrito Monday (not an oxymoron). Patrick Casey had 2 meatless meals!!
· And for Aruba’s Dinner: She had curly fries, kale salad and a dry chicken schnitzel in Silliman (booo).
· Follow SCC on Twitter @saybrookcc to get live updates from SCC meetings!
· Aaron Berman, our social media correspondent recorded the Shake It Off beginning of our meeting and submitted it to the Yale Campus snapchat! Let’s hope we get a spotlight!
· The Seal will be coming out soon, featuring profiles of famous and intriguing Saybrugians.
Saybrook Historical Society Committee
· SHSC will be meeting on Friday at 12:30 and either interviewing Ann-Marie Apicella or creating a history section on the Saybrook Wikipedia page.
· In January of 1954 a Saybrook student was ExComm-ed because he was a male and had a female named “Gloria” in his dormitory.
· From Basil Duke’s scrapbook: Yale Men Kiss Best.
· Article V of the Constitution states that meetings should be run in a manner that encourages all Saybrugians to participate.
· The semester might end on December 23rd next year, 2016 SORRY BOUT IT.
· Magda and Chadd are working on a project together to improve the IM fields!
· YCC will be sending out information soon about subsidized buses to Harvard for Harvard-Yale.
Nothing to report.
Leon is looking for a successor for his positions as Operations Manager (bringing food to the meetings).
Jordan Liebman proposed to add a permanent “Dinner Report” to the agenda, with Aruba’s dinner in mind. It was approved!
Sahil Gupta ’17 created a lunch-pairing app called Pear. Sign up today and find new friends to eat lunch with!