September 16, 2013
Master and Associate Master’s Report
- The Master will be well soon! Fireside chats with the freshmen are taking place this week. The Vermont hiking trip will take place this weekend, with results of the lottery revealed on Tuesday.
- Pay attention to the Dean’s weekly email report!
SAC (Saybrook Activities Committee)
- Thursday at 10 will be an Insomnia Cookies study break in the dining hall.
- Left over apples that didn’t go into the crisp will be donated to a soup kitchen. Helpers will be needed to carry the apples!
- Many complaints about the gym. Tammer has asked for a set of freeweights marked in pounds.
- Try to think up clothing ideas for the semester! A new committee chair is also being looked for.
- Winning everything except soccer! (And there’s a funny story behind that loss.) Our football is untouchable.
- We always need people to come out and play! Hudak points will be rolled out soon.
- In all the trash rooms and in the computer cluster already are or will be bins for e-waste.
- In the laundry room is a dresser to donate clothes no longer wanted, free for the taking for the college.
- Some grumblings about going completely trayless in the dining hall. Facts about the benefits of going trayless were repeated to remind the college council.
- The new committee chairs are now Patrick Casey, Xinxin Xu, and Sarah Holder.
- Is there interest in performing a survey on attitudes about going trayless? The council said no.
- Nothing to report. Stuart Teal explained how the committee used to publish the Saybrook Strippe. Please sign up for this committee!
College Seminar Committee
- The committee chair explained how the college seminar selection process works. Contact Adrian Lo for the details. Please join the selection committee!
Saybrook Historical Society Committee
- First meeting this Friday. A tea-time meeting. Contact Eric Fishman to sign up for the committee.
- Nothing to report.
- Nothing to report.
- YCC met and held an orientation meeting. Official meetings have not started yet.
- We’ve decided on a keggerator, to be ordered soon.
We have two tabled budget proposals from last week: the cigarette bin proposal and Katherine McComick’s proposal to fund cooking lessons.
The cigarette bin proposal was dismissed.
Katherine McComick’s proposal was tabled again due to her absence.
We have between $300 and $400 in the rolling fund