March 24th, 2014
Master and Associate Master’s Report
· Study break in Master’s House to talk about alcohol culture on campus on Tuesday at 9 p.m.
· Wednesday’s Mellon Forum
· Two Underbrook events this weekend (Come to Coffeehouse to see Cami sing!)
· Yale Cabaret lottery
· READ DEAN MULLER’S EMAIL ABOUT HOUSING (or she will make you watch a marathon of the Walking Dead)
SAC (Saybrook Activities Committee)
· Assassin’s starts on Wednesday, sign ups end at midnight tonight. Master Hudak, Dean Muller and Associate Master Van Dyke will be playing! Who will be the survivor?
· Viva’s Night this Thursday at 9:30
· Be on the lookout for the Ronald McDonald House Pong For Life event, tentatively on the 19th
· Nothing to report.
· Congrats to IM Hockey team who went undefeated in the regular season and won!
· Spring IMs have been cancelled for most of this week but will kick back up on Thursday and Friday.
· Ultimate team is on the lookout for a captain.
· IMs will be Assassins safe zone
· This weekend is Earth Hour from 7:00-9:30 on Saturday night; everyone should turn off their lights and appliances!
· Look on the Sustainability Facebook Page for daily sustainability challenges!
· Tess McCann is the Sustainability Star of the Week: she unplugged all of her electronics before leaving for break!
· Fun Fact: It takes 75,000 to print a Sunday edition of the New York Times.
· Nothing to report. Gonna work on bowls near the cereal.
· Saybrook Seal will be out next week!
Saybrook Historical Society Committee
· At the meeting this Friday members will be interviewing Stuart Teal, SCC President Emeritus extraordinaire!
· 1941-42 students registered for the WWII draft in the Master’s Office.
· Did you know that there are 3,921 words in the SCC Constitution, which is just under the U.S.’s 4,570 words.
· Housing information meetings 8-8:20 for rising Seniors, 8:20-8:40 for rising Juniors; 8:40-9:00 for rising Sophomores
· Sign up for What Would You Do for a Wenzel!
· A day has been added to both reading periods for next year.
· This Wednesday at 7:30 in LC 102 there will be an advisory panel with faculty members on the Dean’s Search committee to get student input. There is also an online form.
· You can also get involved in the reappointment of Master Hudak for next term.
· Brew club toured the Guinness Store House in Ireland over break, and will be attempting to make a Guinness-based clone on Saturday. All are welcome to brew, over 21ers are welcome to drink in 2 weeks.
College Seminar Committee
· Politics and Leadership of Barack Obama’s Campaign (maybe that’s what it’s called)
Nothing to report.
Nothing to report.