February 1, 2016
Master and Associate Master’s Report
· Master Near could not be here tonight because he’s feeling under the weather.
· Kyle is acting master for this meeting. His first act is to name himself Master Commodore.
SAC (Saybrook Activities Committee)
· Elections today.
· Kellen and Jack have been nominated.
· This year, Kellen and Jack have made a powerpoint!
· Three main goals:
o Attack class-wide participation in events, as well as to continue longstanding Saybrook traditions and create new ones.
o And to increase interactions between classes.
o A vote for Kellen and me is a vote for a smile this year.
· Shout-out to the outgoing SAC chairs!
· Searching for someone to volunteer to be the new operations manager in charge of ordering food for SCC meetings.
· Still looking for a replacement.
· Leo volunteers! Yes!
· Play IM’s!
Budget proposals! We have more than $15,000 to distribute.
Nixing the Squiche money for everyone proposal.
Proposal for a trip to either the NY Philharmonic or the Boston Symphony – probably will be covered by the Master’s Office.
SAC proposed $11,520.
· Bringing back Saybrook Semiformal this year. Budgeted $4,100 for that with one free ticket per person.
· Say and Sele: $2000.
· Midnight breakfast: $250.
· Superbowl: $600.
· El Amigo Felix Round II: $1000.
· Trivia night: $350. Food and games and whatnot.
· Three main study breaks: dumpling & scallion pancake, smores night, and orangeside donuts.
· One study break every day of reading period.
· $9946 without Insomnia.
· $9946 allocated!
Video game nights for $600.
· Francis and Ariel couldn’t be here.
· Idea started last semester; once a month, maybe more frequently. Event on Friday or Saturday night in the TV room. Play video games and have food.
· $600 covers 8 events: two of which are going to be twice as big as the other six.
· $400 allocated.
Operation budget for $750.
· 12 weeks of $60 each.
· No baking club this semester.
· $750 allocated.
12-pack wants $2500.
· Will do an event for Say and Sele.
· Do something for freshmen to get them pumped for the Olympics.
· Change to $2400, without the trash cans.
· Allocated $2200.
New idea for film night: $460.
· $350 allocated.
Suite of seniors who are dubbing themselves a “senior 12-pack” wants $360.
· Suite E-12: seniors.
· They all lived in 12-pack, but want to use the room for everyone.
· $425 allocated.
Boxing equipment for the gym: $170.
· $170 allocated.
Dinner party potluck series: $500.
· Saybrook potluck style dinner party, where people sign up to contribute in some way, whether shopping or cooking.
· House would be open for the afternoon for people to cook whatever they signed up to cook.
· Everyone who contributes is welcome at the dinner.
· People who have particular dishes could do that; people who haven’t cooked much could give it a go; people who just wanted to eat a home-cooked meal with Saybrugians in a house could do that as well.
· First proposed date is Saturday, Feb 20.
· $500 allocated.
About $545 left in the rolling fund.