April 21st, 2014
Master and Associate Master’s Report
· Bulldog Days is this week! Be nice to the babies!
· Nothing to report
SAC (Saybrook Activities Committee)
· Semiformal is this Friday the 25th from 10 pm to 1:45 a.m. at Elevate. Tickets are $5 and all Saybrook students and their guests are welcome. Master’s Office will be paying for 2 drinks for those who are 21 and over.
· Nothing to report.
· Send Cami concerns/comments about the gym
· One of the windows in the dining hall on the left side is broken.
· IM Rescheduling is continuing. The regular season should end on Wednesday, with Davenport slated for the win. Come play against them in soccer on Tuesday, and see who will be the survivors.
· The search for new IM secretaries is on!
· Slifka has larger bagels and lochs at lunch on Wednesday.
· Tomorrow, Tuesday the 22nd is Earth Day from 2-6 on Cross Campus (Commons in case of rain)
· S’mores and Sustainability with TUIB Tuesday at 10:30. Meet some prefrosh!
· Sustainability Star of the Week: Andrew Heyman, who is most improved in light management.
· Fun Fact of the Week: If every car took one more passenger in their daily commute, 32 million gallons of gasoline would be saved each day.
· Saybrook Sustainability 2048 is on their Facebook page!
· Toaster was broken and fixed
· Thanks to Master Hudak and dining staff for the Colonial Dinner
· The Saybrook Seal was sent out and looks great! Look forward to next year
Saybrook Historical Society Committee
· Eric was interviewed this past Friday, and told us that when he was a freshmen and lived in LDUB (gasp) someone sprayed the fire extinguishers in the entryways.
· Also, when Eric’s dad was in Saybrook he didn’t have to take finals because the dining hall staff went on strike.
· Former Master of Saybrook College and Dean Mary Miller is the only person mentioned by name in the SCC Constitution
· Congrats to our two new Saybrook YCC reps: Magda and Chad!
· Election runoffs for the presidency between Michael Herbert and Leah Motzkin will be on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The remaining budget has been…budgeted.
SHSC is proposing an amendment to the SCC Constitution asking to make SHSC a fifth standing committee.—Approved unanimously!