December 1st, 2014
Master and Associate Master’s Report
• Friday is the deadline for signing up for Final Cut! Saybrook has no one. Bring Saybrook pride!
• Read. The. Deadlines. Hard stop. Registration meetings and pre-registration deadlines are particularly relevant.
SAC (Saybrook Activities Committee)
• Bar pizza study break will be happening during reading period.
• This Sunday (the 7th) at Family Dinner there will be a Big Sib/Little Sib holiday photo shoot. Be on the look out for Santa.
• Winter IMs start this week! It’s men’s basketball on Wednesday and women’s on Thursday.
• Study break on Tuesday at 9 p.m. in the Master’s House to sign up for winter IM’s!
• If you want to be captain for a sport, talk to Magda.
• The light bulb exchange was a success! Contact Ihna if you didn’t get any light bulbs.
• Sustainability Star of the Week: Clay Gibson, because he only showered twice over Thanksgiving Break.
Dining Hall Committee
• Next week is the last Sayburrito Monday of the semester. ☹
• The SCC Twitter has new followers, so make sure to spread the news!
• Also, the Saybrook Strip was publicized in the AP and CNN! Woo hoo!
Saybrook Historical Society Committee
• In 1953, SCC held Forums/Townhall Meetings to bring together the Saybrook Community, such as a discussion about a movie about iron ore mining in Venezuela.
• Also in 1953, Saybrook Courtyard was the site of Yale’s first Knee Football game (sounds painful).
• Did you know that temporary special committees, like last year’s Mascot Committee, can be approved by only one half of the SCC Exec Board?
• Fill out the survey about the Yale Calendar changes. Do it!!
• Also, keep your schedules open on Friday at 4 o’clock for a surprise from Michael.
• Michael is also working on a vanity project to have “Who Let the Dogs Out” to be played before every athletic match.
• Today she ate quinoa, scallop potatoes, grapes and salted edamame (Meatless Monday!)
Aryssa will be succeeding Leon as Operations Manager for the next year!
SAC ended up not hosting the H-Y Tailgate, so there is some flexibility in their budget.
First idea was to put some of SAC’s money back in the rolling fund.
$500 was allocated to be put back into the rolling fund.
$50 was approved for a Sophomore College Council study break on December 9th, open to all Saybrugians.