February 16th, 2015
Master and Associate Master’s Report
· Froco interviews; wine placing will be taking place tomorrow
· Mellon Forums are going on
· Housing calendar is on the website
· Process of mixed-gender rising sophomores.
· Series of meetings a week from tonight; e-mails will be sent out.
· Meeting of the housing committee at Friday 9:30 a.m. if you want to help facilitate housing! (Baked goods are probable.)
SAC (Saybrook Activities Committee)
· Bar Pizza study break this Wednesday.
· Smaller study break next week.
· Date for Say & Sele is confirmed; if you want to help organize, contact Ihna and Magda.
· If anyone has any ideas on how to celebrate Master Hudak’s time at Saybrook, contact SAC or Ann-Marie.
· No updates.
· Dwight Hall representative program.
· Committee will have one very large project with Dwight Hall.
· Treadmill has not yet been fixed.
· Aadi will investigate.
· Need someone to take over the facilities committee.
· Doing a little better in the standings – Saybrook is coming out on the top half!
· Don’t let Saybrook embarrass (his)(her)(it)self!
· Successful weigh your waste night on Sunday.
· Average: .14 pounds / person of waste (apprx.)
· Bottle washing system is in place in the former lost and found section.
· SC star of the week: Skyler Shibayama…licked bowl when changing courses.
· Fun fact: yogurt is not served for lunch and dinner.
· However, Jeff said you can ask the dining hall staff for yogurt if you want it during lunch and dinner (excellent source of protein during Meatless Mondays).
· No updates.
· The Saybrook Facebook page will now be run by current Saybrook students – let Aadi know if you’re interested in helping to run the page.
Saybrook Historical Society Committee
· In Saybrook Seal of October 1956, a column called “Seal Barks” was discovered.
· We discussed clay idols in the dining hall (the column made mention).
· SCC disobeyed the constitution this year because nominations for the council must be held during the second meeting of the semester.
· First meeting Friday at 9:30 a.m. – Aaron expects smiling faces and a good attitude. Meeting at Dean Muller’s office.
· Chadd reports: solid meeting this week.
· Bike rack project to improve placement.
· Move out times are being examined – hopefully a buffer day will be added at the end of next semester.
· Mandatory meeting for a YCC board position will be held soon – watch out for an e-mail.
College Seminar Committee
· Sign up for interviews – the link was sent out to all students!
· As incentive, a non dining-hall brunch.
· Finally pariticpated in Meatless Monday!
· Had quinoa, salad, milk (2%).
No old business…
· Leon is proposing a budget proposal.
o $19.33 because 1933 was the year Saybrook was founded.
o What is this money for?
o SHSC would like to create the endowed professorship of Saybrook history, named after Master Basil Duke Henning.
o Ceremoniously, this money will be donated back into the rolling fund.
o This proposal could potentially increase the legitimacy of SHSC.
o $19.33 was allotted!