Head of College
· Not much going on, Near is available for questions… no questions, okay I rest
· Read your emails
· Remember sometime in March to withdraw without getting a W
· We had first Amigos night last week!
· “It was Lit” –Prof. Near
· We’re having a superbowl party on Sunday with food
o Go Chiefs and Saints!
· Donate clothing in laundry room!
· There is also now a Period products donation bin in the laundry room
· In the next few weeks we will have period products in SY bathrooms
· Looking to set up a SY-New Haven community service event
o POI: Donations for clothes is seasonal or all year round?
o All year round!
· POI: Run for refugees is this Sunday, make sure to contact people to see if they’ll donate!
· Did you know Saybrook has ranked choice voting, however, we’ve never used it bc we’ve never had more than 2 candidates run for a position
· During a riveting meeting of the by-laws committee, we have approved to include Blackbrook as an official committee, will be voting for it in new business
· Shoutout to Anvay who sent an awesome google drive album
· Pictures don’t have to be as high quality as his, just send them over!
· Cute idea: anyone who wants to dress really football-y for the Superbowl, we will take a photo for insta
· Don’t break things
· Power was out
· Stay tuned in 2-3 weeks for a brunch
· Keep slaying!
· Whoops is happening now
· Nothing to report
· Slifka is open until 9 pm for extended dining hours
· POI: Breakfast sandwich program has been discontinued?!
o They were popular, Joey can reach out
o POI: Can you make inquiries about the wraps!
o The wraps will happen every 3-4 weeks, the full wrap stations were discontinued
· POI: A first year requesting that the freezer be lowered by a few degrees so he could scoop his ice cream better
o That’s sensible feedback, Joey will include it in the email
· Whole new electronic housing system, we will not have the white board, supposedly it’s much easier to use, will be a meeting to train Housing Committee on how to use it
· Look for potential suitemates
· Don’t transfer!
· Pay as You Throw program meeting is pending, an other individual reached out, we will have a meeting soon
· Had swimming, Slaydies slayed, men did not (only 3 people were there: Leo, Jake and Brett)
· Gave it our best, if we make it to finals its because of Slaydies
· Come next week men if you swim
· Broomball and water polo this week, bowling on Friday, huge hit- lots of fun!
· Plan on serving at Superbowl Party
· Unsure of which brew we’ll be serving
· Chat with Sam about joining, low time commitment, really fun!
· The fellows lounge was donated and renovated by Bruce Dayton ’41, father of the Governor of Minnesota
· …Moving on
· Nothing to report
· Meeting last week went well, its been a good year
· um… elections?
· ofices: President, VP, Treasurer and Secretary
· Constitution has extensive descriptions of job details
· We will go from president followed by VP, Treasurer then Sectretary
· Rank choice voting, if not contested more than 2 then it is single choice, if there is a single person, its by voice proclamation
· 3 minute floor speech to outline platform for each candidate
· Eligibility for voting: have had 3 points to qualify to vote
· President Nominations: Alex Lusak
o Alex voted as president
· VP Nominations: Roger
o Roger voted as VP
· Treasurer Nomination: Mariel
o Mariel voted as Treasurer
· Secretary Nominations: Sam, Donasia
§ First year, loves Saybrook updating fellow first years about what is going on
§ Good typing skills, attentive listener, he cares about well being of Saybrook and being here, would love the honor of serving and helping out!
§ Roommate says she screamed “Say What” in her sleep during the first few weeks of school
§ First year, wanted to get involved in SY since high school
§ Good attendance, took typing classes in youth, will add smiley faces
o Donasia voted as secretary
· Vote to include Blackbrook as permanent standing committee
o Congrats, vote passes!
· Can Tamar get a picture of new board after the meeting?
· Motion to adjourn