November 9, 2015
Master and Associate Master’s Report
· Tough week for a lot of us on campus.
o Master Near was at Silliman yesterday, and ended up moderating the interaction between the students and Master Christakis.
o Master Near felt he saw the community turning a corner to a positive direction, and hopes that community is able to heal and find a path together.
· Saybrook College Tea: a week from today.
o Former Council General of the Department of Defense.
· Getting ready for holiday preparations: more of that from SAC.
o Aids will be decorating holiday trees.
o Big holiday tree in the patio of the Master’s House, and we’ll have a tree-trimming study break.
o Another tree will be in the Master’s House.
o Will have ornaments for every Saybrook student.
o If anyone has any other ideas, talk to Master Near or any of the aids.
SAC (Saybrook Activities Committee)
· Successful Main Garden study break last week.
· Thinking of another one this week perhaps.
· Trivia night planned for Friday night in the dining hall. We will have teams, it will last around 45 minutes to an hour, and there will be prizes and Insomnia Cookies.
· Preparations are beginning for the Harvard-Yale tailgate.
· Assassins: 3 people left, and at least 2 of them are freshmen.
· Discussing ideas for Holiday event; let Magda know if you have any ideas!
Community Service Committee
· Blood drive is happening this week! Website is tinyurl.com/yaleblood
· Habitat is still looking for volunteers Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays from 3 to 6.
· Yale Farm is still holding open farm work days.
· Did you know that, according to the Constitution, that the e-board of SCC is known as the ex-com of SCC.
Dining Hall Committee
· We now have cranberry juice in the dining hall refrigerator!
· Sunday night was Weigh Your Waste Night. 59 clean-plate clubs, out of 200-something plates measured. We did well, but we can always do better!
· Winding down. Be on the lookout for an e-mail about playoffs.
· Very limited time to get those attendance points in for awesome prizes!
Saybrook Brew Club
· Ready to switch the beer into the second fermenter. Will meet Sunday at around brunch time.
· While switching, we can test the beer, so another incentive to make it out!
Saybrook Historical Society Committee
· Did you know that most of the stained glass around Saybrook was designed by G. Owen Bonawit?
· There also is stained glass in the Master’s House that represents Bladderball!
Yale College Council
· Presentation on Saturday about post-term buses.
· Berkeley rep. is trying to work on getting Yale shuttles to take students to Bradley, or for discount deals to be made with some of the car services.
· Dinner tomorrow in Saybrook with YCC reps for anyone who wants to talk about YCC business.
· Anyone that wants to talk to members of Saybrook e-board about the recent events on campus, feel free to reach out to Aadi and/or the rest of the board! We’re here to listen and to offer support to our Saybrook family.