October 26, 2015
Master and Associate Master’s Report
· Special holiday dinner on Friday for Halloween is being planned by the Master’s Office.
SAC (Saybrook Activities Committee)
· Study break on Wednesday night most likely, at around 9 or 9:30p.m.
· Saybrook Trick-or-Treating on Saturday night. Be on the lookout for an e-mail.
· Other things to look forward to: tailgate for the Brown game on November 7.
Community Service Committee
· Habitat for Humanity in New Haven is looking for more volunteers. Shifts are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 3 to 6 p.m.
· The Yale Farm holds volunteer work days.
· Another big thing: residential college service competition starting today. Lookout for an e-mail from Layla. Essentially, track your service hours. There will be prizes!
· Contact Aryssa to get involved with Project Homeless Connect!
· This Saturday, if you can help drive kids for Dwight Hall who will be trick-or-treating for canned food, contact Layla.
· DID YOU KNOW, that a quorum of the SCC is defined as one-third of current voting members being present. We need at least that number to vote on anything.
Dining Hall Committee
· We have a prototype for our Staff Appreciation poster.
· Aadi and Mallet will be meeting on Thursday to discuss the infiltration of the dining hall at night.
· A lightbulb exchange is beginning this week.
· Weigh Your Waste Night is scheduled for November 7.
· Won today by forfeit – Pierson did not show up!
· Already won our game tomorrow, since Calhoun doesn’t have a team!
· Link for logging game participating will be sent out again this week – definitely fill out, and don’t miss out on the awesome Saybrook IM prizes.
Saybrook Brew Club
· No updates since last week, but went downstairs and cleaned everything.
· Ingredients for new brews are shipped, Aadi will send out an e-mail soon.
· Meetings will be held or Sunday mornings.
Saybrook Historical Society Committee
· Shooting for a meeting on Friday, pending on Daniel’s health.
· Leon is aiming for a spooky Halloween-themed meeting.
· Did you know that on the external wall of Saybrook, facing Elm Street, that there are stone engravings of the emblems of the Big Three Secret Societies?
Yale College Council
· Take the Fall Survey, which closes on Sunday.
· Two budget proposals this week, both from President Aadi.
· Right now we have $570 in the rolling fund, if both proposals are passed, we’d have $315.76 left.
· First proposal: Saybrook cornhole set (about $200) $200 allocated.
· Second proposal: purchasing an edible arrangement as a present for Cissy. ($51 plus tax) $54.24 allocated