October 6th, 2014
Master and Associate Master’s Report
· There’s a sophomore dinner tomorrow night. Everyone else get out.
· Contribute cool stuff for the Dean’s Email! “For the record: I had to do this. Sorry 2016. Complain to the Yale College Dean’s Office.”
SAC (Cébrook Activities Committee)
· Insomnia/Sustainability study break was a success!
· We will be starting to sell Screw tickets next week, in preparation for the 18th
· Hopefully we will have a Viva’s night after Fall Break
· Kill people in Assassins please.
· Lighting and outlet issues in the Saybrary should have been addressed
· Maintenance is scheduled for the broken washer and there are signs to remind people to leave the doors open in between cycles.
· He’s also working on the treadmill issue.
· Please show up to IMs! We’re having participation issues and having to forfeit games so please please show up. T shirts will be here soon.
· It’s Celebrate Sustainability Week! There will be a “Ban the Bag” campaign at Durfee’s and a Waste Audit on Friday in Branford.
· Techno Scrap and plastic bag exchanges should be showing up in trash rooms soon
· EliExchange is open for unwanted clothes in the laundry room
· Vegan Vednesday is this Wednesday! Lookout for the Sesame Street vampire.
· Also if Ihna comes to knock on your door, answer.
· Sustainability Star of the Week: Jack Berry! For social media support.
· Media has a lot of good stuff coming up. But if Ihna told you, she’d have to kill you.
College Seminar Committee
· Sign up to help interview seminar professors!
Saybrook Historical Society Committee
· SHSC will be meeting Friday at 12:30 in the Fellow’s Lounge. Come out for the tea. This is the 12th year of the 12 pack! Celebrate a golden birthday.
· In 1924, oxen brought the two millstones that are in the courtyard from Old Saybrooke and Killingsworth.
· Did you know that E-board members have to forfeit their position upon the lost of good academic standing?
· There is now Whole Milk in Commons! Chad is advising that you “bring a jug and fill’er up.” Also follow YCC on Twitter.
It’s On Us Campaign
The Council voted to approve the below pledge:
“Our Yale is a place where all students are proud to call their residential college home and their collegemates family.
· Create a supportive and welcoming environment for all Saybrugians.
· Plan events centered around friendship, fun, and positive social interaction.
· Constantly and effectively communicate the needs and concerns of Saybrook students to Saybrook administrators
A motivated freshman suggested that we actually catalog the books in the Saybrary. Leon will investigate if there is already an existing system. Maybe start a Saybrary Committee? Ihna tried. Sorry Ihna. Tabled for next week.