Head of College
· Nothing much to report
· Dean Lafargue and Prof. Near will be planning some study breaks
· Extra funding for sophomores from Dean Chun, potential to have events similar to Mellon Forum
o SY would bring in faculty members during catered meals at the house for a discussion based on what the Sophomores are interested in
· Looking forward to reciveing schedules
· La casa having their Latinx kickoff event at the United Methodist Church
· First years had 100% turn- in rate for first time in Cissy’s career
o Thanks Fro-co.’s!
· Not much to report
· Keep increased Amigos price in mind for budget
· Will have a meeting to discuss locations for SY Screw, reach out for suggestions
· Read your Dwight Hall newsletters
· Constitution provides that HoC and Deans give reports of the state of the college at the SCC meetings
· Dean Lafargue is now present and giving reports
· According to the Constitution, the budget meeting was supposed to be this week, but it will be next week in light of this error
· POI: Has the official Constitution on the SY website been edited to say Head and not masters?
o David will get on that immediately
· Opened SY instagram account @saybrookcollege
· If you have recommendations, please send the account photos
· Follow for follow!
· Don’t break things, if you do, report it
· Georgetta Shepard is in Welch A
· POI: Did Daniel Fischer pass the torch on to Laura?
o Laura is now the new chair of the facilities committee
· Nothing to report
· Stay tuned for some good stuff!
· Look out for an email with info coming soon!
· You can pre-order meals from dining hall and do carry out
· POI: Can we get some sliced bread?
o If the other dining halls have it (they do) then we should be able to get some
· Still waiting to hear back from landscaper about new gardens
· Be wary of carbon tax policy in cold weather
o If you turn on heat make sure windows are closed
· Won table tennis event tonight
o Huge first year turnout!
· We need women (and men)
· We have tokens!
· Tomorrow is flag football v. Branford
· Wednesday is soccer v. Pauli Murray at 5:15 pm
· POI: To encourage female participation, can we coordinate Slaydies and IM joint participation?
· POI: Sign up for the specific sport panlist
· POI: The schedule for this week is filled with easy wins
· Still looking for a grad affiliate
· Join us!
· If you’re interested in being the next brew regent, talk to Sam
· Did you know that the SY dining hall used to be 3 stories?
· If you like cold case murders, stay tuned because there is juicy tea on its way—and its piping hot
· Having their elections, we will have 2 reps filled up for SY
· If you have concerns, reach out to Grace and Carter
· POI: Are the FCC elections the same time frame?
· POI: Would it be wise to have a SY debate?
o Elections are uncontested
· Nothing to report
· $16,000 for this semester to spend
· 5 votes to represent each year
· If you have budget proposals, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Make them as specific as possible
· In light of last weeks Yale Votes presentation, David proposes a temporary committee to ensure all of SY is registered to vote
· Motion to adjourn