Head of College
· You can get money from SY scholarships if your budget proposals aren’t approved
· Ready to get their money
· First-years sign up for First-Year Day of Service
· Look at YHHAP website for opportunities
· Read your Dwight Hall newsletter!
· Did you know: the fro-co budget cannot exceed the SAC budget
· Follow our Instagram @saybrookcollege
· Our bio is the one that says SY College Council Account
· Kimberly Cruz follows us!
· If you have pictures DM them to the committee
o They love DMs
· Don’t break stuff, if you do call facilities, its easier
· No news
· Stay gay!
· Nothing to report
· Look out for emails about interviews soon
· We got sliced bread
· Farm tours are happening so look out for that email
· Be sustainable!
· Today we lost table tennis vs TD
· Come to cross-country tomorrow! Big points!
· POI: Are TD the Tyng Cup champions?
o No they’re not!
· There are free champion shirts in dining hall
· Soccer grudge match vs Hopper Wednesday at 5:15 p.m.
· Table tennis again on Wednesday
· POI: Hopper sent out a slanderous email vs Saybrook
o Published a shitty video, but we will make them eat it!
· Won soccer today vs Stiles
· POI: Francine but her body on the line and just transferred in this year!
· Still looking for a grad affiliate
· 2 new reps for SY!
· Sofia Caro and Megan Sardis
· Common room was renovated in 2001 under the generosity under….
· Due to overwhelming interest, will use all of dining hall for our cold case murder mystery
· Nothing to report
· $16,000 in the rolling fund ready to be spent
· SAC Proposal
o $13,680 proposal
o Amigos prices went up-$2,100 for 2 more amigos events
o Harvard tailgate-$2,000 we have a bar rented out, may need more money
o Halloween festivities (liquor treating)-$300
o Study breaks-$1,000 (sushi, papa johns-may cut b/c problematic, bar pizza)
o Screw (last year Semi-formal cost $6,000)-$6,000, don’t want to limit options, will try to go back to Jack’s, no gauge yet
§ Mark 12th and 13th of October for Screw
o SayQueer is the only residential college specific LGBTQ+ space, have had brunches in past, closed door meetings with food, bowling
o $800 proposal
o Received $500 last year
o $400 for outings (brunches, bowling)
o $100-$150 for apparel
o $100 miscellaneous fund
· 12 Pack
o $3,500 proposal
o It costs $200 per party
o Breakdown of 12-pack events plans:
§ SY Screw Pregame
§ Party before fall break
§ Random pre-games for Woads or weekends
§ Oktoberfest celebration the night after SACs
§ Liquor treating
§ Mistletoads pregame
§ Winter holiday party (decorations)
§ Karaoke nights (requires machine)
§ SY Duty nights
§ Improve 12-pack: new fans, shelves for bar, new table, decoration party
· POI: Could you possibly partner with SAC?
§ 12-Pack has $100 budgeted for karaoke
· SY HOC will buy a karaoke machine
· Election Committee
o $300 to use for spirit, going to the polls, watching the results, please vote!
§ What is it being used for?
· Food to get people to vote
o Held event two years ago during elections
o Prof. Near says vote $1, because SY HOC will pay for it
o David withdraws his application
· Hubert Pach, E-12 Conglomerate
o The defining feature of SY is community, so want to foster firsy-year it cohesion via food
o Food, music, think-tank etc. open door space to foster SY pride before the first-years move into the college
o $150 proposal and will accept less
§ POI: Can we squeeze fro-co budget to handle that?
§ No, very strict Fro-co budget
o Prof. Near encourages this budget proposal
· Total proposed budget is over by $2,130
· POI: How much did we spend last fall?
o SAC $12,300
o SayQueer $300
o 12-pack $3100
· Last Spring
o SAC $12,000
o SayQueer $500
o 12-pack $2,000
o Jack Barry finessed $1,500 for Olympics Committee
· By-laws state if voted budget is over $16,000, we re-vote
· SAC proposed $13,500:
· SayQueer proposed $800
· 12 pack
· E-12 Conglomerate
· Motion to pass
o Seconded- budget approved
· Motion to adjourn