September 28, 2015
Master and Associate Master’s Report
· Looking for a polka band for Oktoberfest and German themed food in the dining hall.
SAC (Saybrook Activities Committee)
· Screw Saturday – tickets are going quickly.
· BAR pizza study break tomorrow – bring little sibs.
· The Saybrook-wide game of Assassins is beginning. Sign up with Kellen.
· Dwight Hall fellow wants us to do multiple events a semester.
· Tracking by college how many people are showing up to different events.
· Show up!
· DID YOU KNOW that the froco budget cannot exceed the council’s budget on any given semester?
· Nothing to report, but gate is fixed!
· Let Daniel know if you have any problems.
· Work on gym etiquette – put weights away, wipe things down.
· Facilities website has an online form, where you can inform them about any problems. They are quite responsive!
College Seminar Committee
· Going through proposals for different seminars.
Dining Hall Committee
· Weekly spotlight for dining hall staff.
· Ihna is not here, but Aadi is sure she would have told you to go green.
· Today, we had a group of 8 show up for IM soccer. Only 2 girls showed up. So we started with a forfeit. But we beat Morse in our scrimmage.
· Class of 2018 is doing poorly in IM participation – come out to the fields sophomores!
Saybrook Historical Society Committee
· Leon did some research, and found out that Cecil Fines in 1854 was playing cricket and was giving a top hat for “dismissing three batsmen with successive balls.”
o That’s where the term “hat trick” comes from.
· SHSC event either this Friday or next Friday. Tea will be served.
Yale College Council
· Ratified YCC budget. Because of the increase in student activities fee, YCC has a lot more money for this year.
· Lucy Fleming proposes a senior citizens event for this Friday, October 2.
o Upperclassmen-underclassmen bonding.
o Crackers will be consumed.
o $50 for makeup from Walgreens.
o $30 for miscellaneous geriatric snacks.
o $10 for party hats for the festive oldies.
o No alcohol – the elderly cannot handle it. Also, it is illegal.
o Money allocated.